If you would like to discover, or rediscover Edinburgh through its local independent shops and artisans, this guided tour will be just right for you!
In the many high street and tourist shops of the capital, it’s often hard to tell the difference between genuine “Made in Scotland” products, and goods imported from the other side of the world and “finished” locally…
100% Scottish craft does exist, and Edinburgh welcomes some of the finest makers and artisans of the country, as well as plenty of independent shops offering locally made products or quality second-hand fashion. Being a traditionally trained kiltmaker as well as passionate tour guide, sustainability, fair-trade practices and high-quality craftsmanship are at the heart of what I do and care about.
Follow me on this guided tour, and I will take you to local artisans, textile designers and makers, and indie shops celebrating locally made products, carefully selected according to your own interests.
On the way, I will share with you some of Edinburgh’s History and less known stories about the Old Town.
This experience includes a tea or coffee per person, and you will receive a complimentary handmade tartan keyring of your choice.
Private tour for a group of up to 6 people*.
Location: Edinburgh Old Town
Includes a tea and coffee break during the tour, and a handmade tartan keyring per person
Additional terms and conditions:
- Visitors’s age : Children are welcome to join. However, we advise that the content of our tours and workshops will be more profitable to children aged 12 and older.
– Walking tours : Please be aware that my walking tours mostly take place in Edinburgh Old Town, in cobblestone streets. Stairs can be avoided, but we advise you to wear suitable shoes.
– Talks and workshops : Our workshops are held on the 1st floor of a historic building that unfortunately does not have a lift. But please, let us know if you require one prior to booking, and I will try and arrange to conduct the workshop in a different, more accessible location.
- Modification and cancellation policy:
– Modifications: I can accept modifications (time, date, type of experience) of our guided tours and workshops up to 72h prior to the start of the experience. However, please note that this is subject to guide and venue availability.
– Cancellation : Our visits and workshops can be cancelled and fully refund up to 1 week before the day of the experience. After that time, you will be charged 30% of the amount to cover for room hire. From 72h prior to the experience, the full amount of the experience will be charged. In any case, if you need to modify or cancel your booking, please reach out as soon as possible.
- Covid-19 :
I take everyone’s health and safety very seriously and will always follow the regulations and guidelines of the Scottish governement. I kindly ask in return that our customers follow them as well. I will email you the current regulations in place shortly before your visit, as they might evolve with time. If you have any concerns or questions regarding these matters, always feel free to reach out!